Cert II – Sport and Recreation
Sport & Recreation Cert II is a practical-based course where students gain the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to work in the Sporting Industry. Elanora SHS staff will deliver the qualification in conjunction with College of Sports & Fitness staff. It is a requirement of the course that students are involved in Structured Community Placements eg officiating at a local touch club or assist at local school events to demonstrate competencies required for the successful implementation of community sport programs. Students may be required to complete practical components during their school holidays or commit to officiating competitions outside the regular school hours. Students are required to make their own transport arrangements to and from their field placements. The program is designed in partnership with sporting bodies, schools and communities in creating local opportunities for students into entry level employment in the local sport industry
The program operates within the normal school timetable, being 3 x 70 mins per week. This includea a session delivered from industry expertise. There is a level of flexibility to ensure the focus of competencies, skills, drills, minor games, practice and feedback are being constantly administered. There is opportunity to experience a range of different recreational activities and projects within the program for variety and fun.
13 Units must be completed.
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISXCAI002 Assist with activity sessions
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXEMR001 Respond to emergency situations
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- SISXIND002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation industry knowledge
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXCAI001 Provide equipment for activities
- SISSSCO001 Conduct sport coaching sessions with foundation level participants
- SISSSOF001 Work as an official in sport
- SISSSOF003 Officiate sport competitions
Assessment in this course is competency-based and may consist of Role Plays, Questions & Answers, Workbook Activities, Assignments, Observations, Practical demonstrations, Case Studies, Presentations and engagement with our sporting industry partners.
With VETiS funding:
- Certificate II – no fee for vet funded students
- Certificate III – $350 (minimum numbers of participation apply)
- Non VETis funded – Fee for Service – Certificate II – $250 (minimum numbers of participation apply)
Please note specific sport accreditation supplied under this program as an option. For students who wish to further their career or as first jobs program within the sporting industry, courses and events will be provided to each student as pathway opportunities. Each sporting partner delivers courses throughout the region, certain sport specific accreditation is conducted with the sport not associated to any costs in this course. CSF & Elanora SHS in partnership will assist each student with options and avenues throughout the program.